Navigating the Surrogacy Journey with Berwin Leighton Paisner
Join Berwin Leighton Paisner and P3 as they get expert advice and personal insights on what to expect on the journey through surrogacy
For couples who can't conceive naturally, surrogacy could be an option. Surrogacy can be a complex process; there is the legal landscape to navigate, as well as the emotional rollercoaster that can come with making such a life-changing decision.
The BLP Family & LGBT* Networks want to help make the process as easy as possible for any individuals or couples that are considering it. They're pleased to be hosting a panel talk which will help to clarify some of the key laws both in the UK and globally; highlight the potential pitfalls to avoid, and provide first-hand insights into the surrogacy process.
They'll be joined by expert panellists, each with a different perspective to bring:
- Marcus Dearle, Partner, Private Client, BLP - Marcus specialises in family law, and has niche recognised international cutting-edge expertise in Assisted Reproduction and Technology (ART)/surrogacy law
- Juliet Thomas, Partner, Real Estate, BLP and surrogate parent
- Gaucho Rassumen, Legal and policy advisor (competition), Bank of England and surrogate parent
- Margaret Swain, who is an attorney in private practice in Baltimore, Maryland USA and is the Director of the American Academy of Assisted Reproductive Attorneys (AAARTA) - she is the most senior officer at AAARTA which is one of the leading lawyers' organisations in this area
- Richard Westoby, P3 (Proud.Professional.Parents) board member and surrogacy consultant advisor.
Join the growing family of companies...
That help their employees through working with My Family Care. Get in touch to find out how we can make work+family work for you.